- “I know not my own heart if it be not absolutely free.” -Samuel Richardson, Clarissa
- Women’s full-grain leather backpack that has absolutely nothing to do with activewear. In fact, throw away every thought you’ve ever had about backpacks. This accessory is for an elegant, polished lady with an innovative attitude. Innovation often comes from reinventing the classics and Clarissa is a sharp looking backpack that combines business with personality. It will never be surrounded by 20 identical clones. Moreover, the backpack easily converts to a shoulder bag with the simple pull of the straps.
- Exterior made from full-grain cowhide (Vachetta leather) that will last you for decades
- Interior lined with cotton and leather
- We make sure to offer quality materials that are long lasting and require little maintenance. It will be a good long while before you need to look for a replacement!
- Room for laptop up to 13” in diameter (e.g. MacBook Pro 13” - width: 11.97 inches and depth: 8.36 inches)
- Organizer panel for smartphone and cards
- Carry handle for easy carrying in the hand
- Adjustable shoulder straps
- Converts to a shoulder bag
- Three large compartments and additional pockets to organize your belongings
- Suitable for A4 documents and folders
- An outside zip pocket right at your back; for things you want to keep close for safety
- Floor-to-floor double zipper openings allow convenient access
- Magnetic closures (and a buckle just for appearances)
- The bag comes in a 100% cotton dust bag that protects it from the sun, dust, scratches, and stains while also allowing the leather to breathe.
What happens after I order?
1. Our manufacturers from country of Origin (Italy, India, USA. ect) are informed of your order (within an hour of you placing the order)
2. Artisans beautifully craft your item (0-3 working days)
3. Items are shipped from Origin country to Frederic St James HQ in the UK (4-6 working days)
Your item is packed and shipped on a 1-2 working day delivery service (this is the only point you will receive tracking number via email)
Note: Please don’t contact us asking where your parcel is during parts 1-3, you will only receive a tracking number when we have your item at HQ and it has been shipped to you. Some of our items we hold in stock, and this will be specified on the product page & shipping page for the item & where the estimated delivery day will be 1-2 days from shipment.
United Kingdom Shipping
All our products are handmade to order, except outlet items. United Kingdom Standard delivery times are 7-12 working days.
You will receive a tracking number via email to track your parcel, but once your item has been shipped from our HQ in the UK. (not when it has been shipped from country of origin)
All shipping options use a mix of reliable carriers to ensure your order is delivered in a timely manner. This means that no matter where you are located, we will find the most efficient and cost-effective way to get your purchases into your hands.
- New Zealand
We accept returns within 14 days. If 14 days have gone by since your purchase, unfortunately, we can’t offer you a refund. To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging. To complete your return, we require a receipt or proof of purchase. Certain sale items may not qualify for returns unless they arrive damaged. Returns postage costs will not be covered by FSJ & cost of postage to you on the original order will not be refunded. Refunds will be paid upon receipt of items & checks made on condition. We do not accept returns on personalised items.
Before you return the item, please contact us at email@example.com
Love my new backpack. Amazing quality, look forward to wearing it in
Fantastic service quick delivery and well packed
This backpack is stunningly beautiful. The craftsmanship is evident right away. It is packaged with care, comes wrapped up with a sealed note and handwritten identification card. The extra padding on the top is comfortable on your shoulder if you choose to use it as a bag. My only complaint is it is borderline uncomfortable because the straps come from each side. The straps against your body are adjustable, but if the connection was at the center of the back or a little farther in, I think it would be perfect. I don't think I'd wear this for miles of walking since my arms rub against the strap. I have received a zillion compliments on it. The color and leather quality are exactly what I wanted. I like the secure pocket in the back. I can also adjust where the zippers close so it couldn't easily be opened without notice.
Just received my bag and I couldn't be happier. Shipping was quite fast and the bag came nicely packaged. The item is exactly as described/shown. The backpack has a lot of room in each of the 3 sections, fitting my 11' tablet, sketchbook, art materials, water, phone and wallet with ease.
Thank you! I love my bag. It was a bit of an issue with UPS yesterday but I managed to get it today. The craftsmanship is exquisite xxx
Our handmade bags are item of true joy, we want you to enjoy your leather goods for a lifetime. From the time they’re made until they’re in your hands, they need to be treated with care. Treat a high-quality leather bag with respect because it is the product of years of work by skilled artisans. No, you don’t have to be obsessed with them, but you should learn how to properly care for them.
You can preserve the value and beauty of your most valuable possessions by taking the time to care for your luxury leather handbags. Let’s say you bought a best-selling travel bag – it’s a well-made, high-quality item that will keep its worth and shape for years, but it will do so even better if you take good care of it. If you refuse, the leather may split, the texture may become tainted, and the colours may fade quickly. Follow our instructions to keep the bag in top condition.
Regular Care for Frederic St James Bags
Day-to-day care is the first step in caring for your leather handbags and other products. You can avoid excessive stress and strain and extend the life of your items for years by following some rules.
- Leather is a type of skin that can stretch. To keep your bag looking its best don’t overfill it.
- Scratches can really flaw a bag that has been meticulously made. When you’re out, be careful not to come into contact with sharp surfaces, overly adorned clothing, or clunky jewellery.
- Take extra precautions with leather products that you use frequently. Use a soft cloth once a week or brush to wipe away any stains and dust.
- Wet leather necessitates extra attention, so avoid getting it wet.
How to Clean Leather Accessories
Always test a small, inconspicuous area before cleaning leather. To clean your luxury leather items, never use saddle soap, hairdryers, oils, abrasive cleaners, furniture polish, ammonia, or varnish. Here is some of our advice on how to clean your leather step-by-step.
- Clean the interior as well as the exterior of the bag.
- Allow a few minutes for the protective lotion to dry before applying it.
- If you don’t have enough time to clean the entire bag, concentrate on the key features, such as the handles. A little wipe-down will keep them looking new for a longer period of time.
- Clean leather with a soft brush or towel on a regular basis.
- Allow leather to breathe on a regular basis.
- Wet leather should be dried naturally, without the use of artificial heat.
- Spots and stains should be cleaned with a mixture of soap flakes and warm water.
- To disinfect and remove residue from regular use, use a steam cleaner.
- Before using any conditioners, cleansers, polishes, or waxes, test them in a secluded area.
- Don’t wash your leather handbags in a washing machine
- Avoid getting the leather wet.
You might be wondering how to store your luxury leather handbag: One of the simplest methods to avoid damaging the leather and maintaining its high-quality finish is to store it properly.
- To avoid scratches, keep purses in a dust bag (every authentic designer handbag comes with a dust bag. A cotton pillowcase can be used in place of the original dust bag if you don’t have one; avoid using a coloured cloth to prevent colour transfer.)
- Keep leather away from sunlight to avoid fading
- Avoid using plastic bags since they restrict proper airflow.
- The heat from artificial sources, such as radiators, can cause the leather to dry up and crack.
Take Care of Different Types of Leather Goods
It’s important to remember that each type of leather requires distinct treatment. For example, lighter tones are more vulnerable to apparent wear and tear, but black or darker leather is more forgiving and can disguise minor defects. Your accessories will stay in good shape with regular mild brushing and semi-regular cleaning with a moist cloth.
Shiny and smooth leathers are also different: smooth leather requires extra care to keep its shine. As a result, harsh cleaning procedures should be avoided. If you don’t feel like cleaning your leather handbag is manageable, you can always seek professionals to do some deep cleaning for you.